Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can I pick up royal mail parcel (standard delivery) before they attempt to delivery?

I ordered an item off amazon, it got dispatched yesterday, standard delivery, I'm unsure if they will deliver it tomorrow, so would I be able to pick it up tomorrow morning because I reckon it should be at the local depot.



ThanksCan I pick up royal mail parcel (standard delivery) before they attempt to delivery?
RM Postie here.



Sorry No.



The reason is that all the mail streams are kept separate. Mail Due to b delivered, mail that has been collected, very large parcels, special delivery and tracked are all kept apart from each other for logistical reasons. Also on a Saturday the time window from the Parcel arriving at the Office and being put in a van to be delivered could be as small as 10 minutes.



To be frank it would probably cause more problems trying to collect it than waiting at the address, and if the people in the callers Office stick to the rules they are not allowed to give you the parcel without the Red Card anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment