Saturday, February 25, 2012

Do I have to pay a fee for missed parcel delivery by Canada Post?

The delivery person called my buzz number downstairs, but nobody was home. A delivery notice was put in my mailbox and it says amount due $72. That is ridiculously high just for missed delivery. How the hell am I suppose to know when the delivery is going to show up. Does anyone have experience with missed parcel delivery of over 400$. I really hope that fee is for a different case.Do I have to pay a fee for missed parcel delivery by Canada Post?
They don't charge for missed deliveries. They just leave a card telling you where to pick it up or when they'll try to deliver again. The charge is likely a customs fee since the item came from the states.



I had a $250 item delivered from the states and the customs fee was $58, so that sounds about right.
If you don't want to go through the missed delivery experience again try KinekPoint. This service allows you to send your online purchases directly to KinekPoint Depots (Pharmacies, convenience stores), that are near your work or close to home. You get an email when the parcel arrives at the Depot.

Report Abuse

Do I have to pay a fee for missed parcel delivery by Canada Post?
i dont know
By any chance is this a package from overseas? The fee is probably the customs duty on the item.Do I have to pay a fee for missed parcel delivery by Canada Post?
this has happened to me but I never had to pay for delivery. I would just take the paper and take it to the post office and pick it up there. Why do you have to pay for something you are going to pick up. Pretty dumb
tell them its a bomb and its just better for everybody if they hand it over to you
This isn't for missed delivery, it is a customs brokerage fee. The cel phone was almost certainly NOT made in the US, so there will be duties attached, plus CP charges a fee for processing that. The seller should have notifed you of the possibility of that charge.


No comments:

Post a Comment