Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Has any of you people sued a parcel delivery company due to a privacy violation?

I recently got a package delivered by UPS-UK and there was lots of parcel-tape on it. When I checked it out, I realised that the tape was concealing a massive tear that was running across the bottom bit of my parcel. The tear was big enough to allow removal of the content and putting it back in.



I contacted UPS but they say it's "damage during shipping" but the thing is, that's just a bad excuse! I feel that my parcel was opened (intentionally or not) and re-sealed, and purely based on that, I say it's a privacy violation. What do you think?Has any of you people sued a parcel delivery company due to a privacy violation?
Ambient:

I understand your situation, although its not fair, your shipper

will replace your loss, and you can try to collect from the transportation

company. Many times, its the dock workers who are stealing these things, then re-taping them back together. I had losses the same way.

You should still file a claim, UPS is known for this crap.Has any of you people sued a parcel delivery company due to a privacy violation?
BTW, if the packaging looks too "suspiciously" damaged then you can refuse delivery. Reasons: various... the delivery guy probably hid some drugs in your package and will try to frame you! ;-)

Report Abuse

Has any of you people sued a parcel delivery company due to a privacy violation?
You have absolutely zero chance of proving that it was opened and examined. If there was no damage to the item(s), you have no recourse whatsoever.
I don't think you have a prayer in hell of winning; even if they didn't have the right to inspect them (and they do).
  • stage stores
  • utah weather
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment