Sunday, March 4, 2012

Royal Mail Parcel Delivery problem?

I recently moved address and bought a package from Shopto.net and forgot to edit my old address on PayPal and the order was processed ridulously quickly so I didn't have time to interfere with the delivery, anyway the package is free 1st Class delivery only (Not the Sign for I believe).



Question1: What will happen to my Parcel since no one has moved into my old address yet, will Royal Mail hold the package (I believe they only do this for recorded deliverys?) at the sorting office or will they send a 1st Class non delivery back to Shopto, I've emailed both but I can't be bothered to wait for a possible few days for an answer.



Question2: If Royal Mail hold the package at the sorting office, how will I go about collecting the package since I'm at a different address and won't have the neccessary P### Card to collect the parcel? I've phoned a few Royal Mail numbers and haven't even spoke to an Operator, their contact numbers are useless.



Thanks in advance, cheers.Royal Mail Parcel Delivery problem?
A card will be left at the address if its to large for the letter box.

you will then have 3 weeks to collect you item with Valid ID ( with your old address on)

If its not collected it will be returned to the send. dont worry about the sorry you were out card because half the posties dont even use them. hope this helpsRoyal Mail Parcel Delivery problem?
If the package will fit through the door of your old address the Postie will post it through, If it is too large then they should take it back to the local sorting office and leave you a red "Sorry you were out" card. This is regardless of whether the package is signed for or not.



Normally, the sorting office will only be able to give you the package on production of the red card. If you are unable to obtain the card from your old address I would recommend calling the local sorting office directly or popping in and explaining to them. They will probably just hand the package over if you have some ID on you

No comments:

Post a Comment